[Dixielandjazz] Hand Bells????

Margaret Squires margeaux at inreach.com
Thu Jan 1 19:52:41 PST 2004

You know, Steve, now that I think about it....I think Si Tu Vois on clarinet
with handbell choir would sound really neat.  One of my favorite technique
on bells, at least on the larger ones, is to ring the bell and then touch
the lip lightly to the table on the subsequent beats.  Gets a little of a
wa-wa effect.  That would be cool.

And regarding the Quasimodo costume.....as long as you don't have to ring at
the same time....!!!  I've had to ring wearing a traditional church choir
robe.  I almost lost a bell one time when I set it down on my robe when I
switched to another bell.  Luckily I caught the bell when it flipped in the
air when I moved my arm!  I'd hate to have to replace one.  Them little
suckers are expensive!

When I get out to the East coast, I'll let you know!

Margaret
in Modesto, CA