[Dixielandjazz] [Dixieland] Songs about New Jersey WAS: Need help finding song

Craig Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 20 14:51:15 PST 2004

 I got the answer on another jazz List.
Ernie Carson sang a tune
WHY DON'T THEY SING ABOUT JERSEY, (Where The Big Fat Tomatoes Grow)
on one of his records.
And John (Nobler than most) I frankly wish you hadn't paraphrased,
I kind of like the term "outrageous list-mates".

Craig
See below, some additional research

After "Banjo Bud" answered my question about title  #5, below
I searched the web for more on it. I failed, but came up with a
 quirky note that included the following interesting
 New Jersey titles, (some of which aren't bad.)

 I FOUND A PEACH IN ORANGE, NJ, IN APPLE BLOSSOM TIME

HEARTBROKEN IN HOBOKEN;
 ROLLING MILLS OF NEW JERSEY.
     a parody of the beautiful Matt McGinn Scottish song,
                    THE ROLLING HILLS OF THE BORDER
 WHEN IT'S APPLE BLOSSOM TIME IN ORANGE, NJ
 ** WHY DON'T THEY SING ABOUT JERSEY, (Where The Big Fat Tomatoes Grow)

 The "LONG BRANCH BRANCH OF THE RED BANK BANK"
  -- Isn't a bad title, but my new favorite is: )
"THE NERVOUS WRECK OF THE EDNA FITZGERALD" by Camille West