[Dixielandjazz] A HIT RECORD 1,022,000 COPIES IN ONE WEEK!!!!!

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Feb 19 13:17:49 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/19/04 6:35:50 AM Pacific Standard Time,
livett at rogers.com writes:

> She's also a "jazz artist" who has sold out to pop-rock-country to get
> those
> numbers, (her latest album features Dolly Parton as a guest!)
> http://www.norahjones.com/home.htm
>
> Bryan

Spoken like a True Jazzer:

Ain't success wonderful, so much so that once you have some money and
notoriety you can actually play anything YOU want to with whomever you want to, and
famous stars want to play with you that yesterday would not give you the time
of day.

Perhaps if a few more of us "too cool" jazzers sold out a bit Jazz would
still be popular in the manner in which we would like it to become accustomed
again, or maybe NOT.

Better to keep strangling it to a slow gasping death and be cool, which will
only turn you BLUE.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Takin' Jazz to the Bank, why? because most so called Real Jazzers don't
really want the money.   Well folks if all that money makes you so miserable then
by all means "SEND IT TO ME".