[Dixielandjazz] Burning CDs

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Mon Feb 16 10:39:45 PST 2004

Marty Nichols asks :-
> Can some of you that burn cds on your computers enlighten me as to
> whether there are advantages with that over simply burning on my JVC
> CD Recorder?

One difference is that most CD recorders will only record on "Audio"
CDs. These are identical to data CDs (apart from a special identify
code so the CD recorder knows) except you have to pay more for them
because they give some money to the record industry to cover their
loss of income due to CD copying. This of course is a big joke
and a real scam by the record producers.

So what I do is use a re-writable audio CD to record an LP, then
use my computer to transfer this to a standard data CD. I can then
wipe the original and start again.

Going via the computer also gives you the option to chop up the
tracks, do any cleaning etc. as has already been mentioned.

Andy Ling