[Dixielandjazz] Burning CDs

gerald nichols geraldnichols at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 14 16:34:08 PST 2004

Can some of you that burn cds on your computers enlighten me as to whether there are advantages with that over simply burning on my JVC CD Recorder?

I just got a very nice HP Pavilion a320n PC and it does have a CD-writer. All I have done with it is make a copy of one of my CDs. My software apparently has no allowance for recording from the LINE IN jack, so I have not been able to try making CDs of my LPs as yet.

Are there programs that will give me that capability, and is it worth it, when I have the CD Recorder to do the same thing.  Actually it seems simple enough to edit my recordings using the PAUSE control on the recorder to make sure there are track separations on the recorded CD. There is also a manual way to enter a track number when the music is live and continuous.

I'm curious if I should try anything with the computer or stick to my CD Recorder?

Marty Nichols
Trombonist on the Space Coast of Florida