[Dixielandjazz] Songs for OKOM

Edgerton, Paul A paul.edgerton at eds.com
Wed Feb 11 12:38:58 PST 2004

Steve Barbone wrote:
"Can't think of who compiled it at the moment, (maybe some list mates
Can help) but there is a "Fake Book" out there of some 5000 pages/songs
For OKOM. The guy who got it together is now deceased, however the book
Is available for those looking for material. Used to be able to get it
For the cost of copying it, still expensive. Not sure what the price is
now."

Sounds like the Charles Anderson fakebook, which has to be the most
comprehensive collection of American Popular Song I've ever seen. Okay, a
lot of them are obscure but I'm trying to be nice here for once.

If I'm not mistaken, the index is available at
http://www.andersonfakebook.com/ where it is maintained by listmate Jim
Jones. He also got an extensive collection of stock arrangements. Email Jim
at jjbanjo at juno.com and visit his other website at
http://www.yestertunes.com/

Paul Edgerton
who can't think of a clever tag this time.