[Dixielandjazz] Non-traditional Songs for OKOM

Tim Eldred julepjerk at surewest.net
Tue Feb 10 20:15:41 PST 2004

One song on the Bob Wills Tribute by Asleep at the Wheel would, I think, be perfect for OKOM bands - "Blues for Dixie."  Lyle Lovett sings it on the album, and the lyrics and melody are on-target.    Maria Muldaur also has a CD, Louisiana Love Call, that has several tracks that would be great, including "Leg."  Or the song from the soundtrack of the Disney Dick Tracy movie?  (I forget who sang it--)  It would be a great torch song for a female singer!

Tim Eldred
Roseville, CA