[Dixielandjazz] Re: Hamming Up Our National Anthem

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 4 09:20:16 PST 2004

on 3/2/04 8:07 PM, Mike Durham at mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com wrote:

> You guys have come a long way since the radio stations banned dear old
Wingy's record of "Oh Say, Can You Swing" from airplay (late 30's).<

OK Mike me ole mate,
What am I missing?
What about "Oh, Say! Can You Swing" (Stillman-Hyde-Adlam) by Wingie Manone &
His Orch?
(Manone, Brunies, Matlock, Marsala, Lanoue, LeMaire, Shapiro, Alvin. 4 Feb
1937.)
Your comment, with its reference to the American national anthem, did not
ring a bell.
So I am playing it now. Still can't hear any patriotic mis-connection, or
reason for a radio ban.
You have me curious.
Very kind regards,
Bill.