[Dixielandjazz] listening to the old records-OKOM

Brian Towers towers at allstream.net
Mon Feb 2 19:06:50 PST 2004

Don,
If you mean "Monday Date" I am with you.   I kinda like Louis on Savoy Blues
as a favourite but there are at least another twenty of his that I would
rate at the same level - probably all in the 1920's - surely his ultra
creative period.   Bix on "Riverboat Shuffle" has to be my personal top
choice for Bix.
Nothing dead about this music - it inspires me everytime I hear it.  These
guys will live for ever through their art, in the same way as Shakespeare,
Van Gough (sp?), Beethoven, Chaucer, Christopher Wren, Verdi, Caruso  etc

Cheers,
Brian T
From: "Don Ingle" <dingle at baldwin-net.com>