[Dixielandjazz] Was - Charlie Parker - Now - Differences ofOpinion

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 05:59:58 PST 2004

Listmates,

> > 2. People are not entitled to disrespect other people.

I'm not sure who made the above remark, but . . .

whomever it was please give me a logical reason why not (keeping in mind
democratic principles of dissent and free speech).

I may be inclined to agree with you if I'm the one being disrespected -- on
the other hand, I may totally disagree if I don't like the disrespectee.

In any case. I unable to come up with a reasonable argument which holds that
people are not entitled to disrespect other people.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com