[Dixielandjazz] The Sheik

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 22 07:52:21 PST 2004

Sorry, this post was returned. Second try.

It's always fun when the band responds to each phrase of the
Shiek Of Araby - "In a bathing suit" or "Without no pants on">>

Hi all,
There is little more boring than a band who cannot think of anything
better to respond with than `Got no pants on`

This is a version I remember, vaguely, from an old 78

The sheik etc tonight you belong to me
(And the army and the navy too)
Tonight when yr asleep......
(dream a little dream of me)
Into yr tent.....
(No shoes, my sole, what a heel)
The stars tht shine......
(By the light of the Ssilvery moon)
Will light our ........
(Love your magic spell is everywhere)
You`ll rule this land with me
(Not just a queen for a day)
The Sheik....

There thats a bit better isn`t it?. I can see Barbone doing it now, throwing
handfuls of sand.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

I think we are going to have an exciting holiday. I hear that the French
have increased their Terrorist Threat Level from ``RUN to HIDE`. That only
leaves SURRENDER and COLABORATE.

Woooooooo! I am  reely reely scared....

Pat