[Dixielandjazz] Re: Audience etiquette

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Mon Dec 20 12:02:31 PST 2004

When I was in college I played in Southern Illinois at a road house owned by
the mob.  We were hired as window dressing and they could care less if
anyone listened or not because all the action was in the basement. It was a
paid rehearsal.   I actually played a place that had wire in front of the
band (Like in the Blues brothers movie) because people threw things if they
hated you which they did.  We played jazz and it was a low life CW tavern.
After that a little talking or noise has never bothered me because I know
what rude is.