[Dixielandjazz] CD Reviewers - Redux

Beth Villanyi bethv at portafortuna.com
Fri Dec 17 09:11:56 PST 2004

You're wrong there, Tom - or at least you would have been last year. Up to
that point, Sonoma State had offered a Music Business course as well as a
Songwriting course that also covered how to submit materials for review.
Both classes were taught by a record producer who has a few grammies under
his belt.

Unfortunately, with the demise of the California budget, that instructor
along with all the classes he taught have been eliminated from the
curriculum to save money. He was not tenured so was one of the first to go.
But the classes are still in the catalog, so there's still hope for their
return some day!

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Beth "I refuse to say Happy Holidays" Villanyi