[Dixielandjazz] CD Reviewers - Redux

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 14:31:10 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/16/04 2:09:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> These people really like to help Jazz performers and especially unknown
> ones.  You probably won't agree with me, but when the majority of the
> performers don't know the rules, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

 I would venture that the  Majority of the performers don't know the Rules or
that any rules even exist, because NOBODY ever told most of them until this
post.  They don't teach that in school either, and most Publications that print
reviews do not have an information page to educate the performers who
subscribe to their publications.

Tell your buddy that he just educated about 395 performers on this list, I
learned it from working with professional PR and Publicity agents over the
years, but many performers have no idea what these folks get paid to do.  Simple
non understanding of the business side of this business.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins