[Dixielandjazz] OKOM Bands - How Stupid Can We Be?

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 21:07:13 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/13/04 10:07:59 AM, nancyink at ulink.net writes:

> As an independent contractor for the STJS newsletter, I just now printed
> out
> my bill that, yes, included sales tax.
>
> I wonder if there is some special CA law that requires the festival to pay
> tax on all sales, including CDs.
>
> Still... hmmm...
> ???

Tax people TAX, they will attempt to tax you for setting up the porta potty,
then tax you for the deliver of it, then tax you for the toilet paper inside
that you may or may not use, then they will tax you a hazardous waste fee to
dump it after the festival.

We all have to be smart enough to legally read their jargon and AVOID as much
of it as possible, it can and is done every day by successful business folks,
but you just have to research it and find a way around it otherwise they will
tax you for everything twenty or thirty times.

Do not rollover for these folks who are totally non productive vultures
preying upon the legal businesses and consumers to support themselves and justify
their existence.

They inherently do everything they possibly can to inhibit successful
business.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins