[Dixielandjazz] Sales tax on graphics - goods vs. services

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 20:58:56 PST 2004

Nancy: As I mentioned in Bob RINGWALDS' POST, it depends upon the wannabe
collector you talk to, it simply does not apply to everybody in the service
business at least not yet, but if the Bof E folks find out that there are folks
charging it and pocketing the extra &7. 75% as profit you can bet they will come
after it.

I use one of the biggest manufacturing companies in the industry and they do
not charge me tax on anything except the finished shrink-wrapped CDs that they
deliver to me.   "The Product" and if I provide them with my resale number
they don't even charge me then, and I am allowed to pass the TAX on to the
consumer at the final sale which is what the BofE is entitled to anyway.    They
are not however beyond trying to cut corners and collect it over and over and
over if they can catch folks off guard and get them to pay it.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins    (I gave at the Office)