[Dixielandjazz] Whores and Big Bands OT oldest profession?

LARRY'S Signs and Large Format Printing sign.guy at charter.net
Mon Dec 6 19:52:34 PST 2004

Classically speaking a profession was limited to Teaching, Law, Medicine and
Theology.  Professions deal with people and their lives whereas bricklaying
is not a profession but a trade.  Music also is not a profession but a trade
in the classical sense.  That brings up Whores.  Where do they fit in the
classical sense.  Well they do deal with people and their lives in every bit
an intimate way that for example a Doctor might.  Actually they hit on all
four of the Professions.  After seeing one you may need a doctor.  They
certainly can teach you a thing or two.  Your wife may call upon a lawyer if
you go to see one and  Shouts of OH God! might be occasionally heard.  So I
guess that about sums it up it must be a profession.