[Dixielandjazz] Re: Blue Skies Singer

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Dec 3 20:01:15 PST 2004

Bill and other Macers--
     I just played the Windows Media sound-clip on
my Mac without any trouble (i ran the High-res TV
spot). It was at
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/hpads/demandmore/
under

"Adaptive Enterprise television
You must have Microsoft's Windows Media Player or
Real Networks' RealPlayer installed on your
computer to view these videos. Ads are available
in high-resolution and low-resolution formats.
Those on dial-up or slower connections to the
Internet should choose the low-res version.
Constant Change
» High-res
» Low-res
Change television spot
» High-res
» Low-res
Music is "Blue Skies," written by Irving Berlin, sung by Maxine Sullivan"

     I've got a Mac G4 (400 MHz) running OSX
10.3.6 (but with 1.12 gigs of memory). The
version of Windows Media Player is 7.1.3.  (I
also have a pretty fast cable-modem.) I have
played lots of stuff (both videos and audios) on
WMP without any trouble, so maybe you need to
delete everything relating to your version of WMP
and download a new copy of it, including any
plug-ins in your web-browser's preferences
(file-helpers).  As i recall, WMP also worked
when i ran OSX 10.2.8, so it sounds like an
installation-problem.
     Good luck!

     Dan