[Dixielandjazz] Young OKOM band wins contest

David Story daveplaysthepiano at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 11:36:15 PDT 2004

I don't want to rain the parade, but why does the festival, which features
such a stellar group of headliners sponsored by, I believe is the largest
beer company in the world, pay this band only $500.00?

At the Ann Arbor Blues and Jazz Festival they share the bill with another
band, the room has a $25.00 cover.

While I ponder the subject of fees charged or offered jazz musicians, I'm
listening to their fine recording of Minor Swing.

http://www.hotclubdetroit.com/listen.asp

Dave