[Dixielandjazz] Turk Murphy Discography

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 26 12:18:51 PDT 2004

DJMLers--
     Well, thank God somebody else did it.  Saved me an incredible and
impossible amount of work.
     I just received in the mail today a 155-page discography of
(probably) all of Turk Murphy's recorded performances, from both
public and private recordings, sorted by recording, by song, and by
date.  As far as i know, this discography has not been published,
just done by a private individual for his own amusement and
information.
     I'm not going to say yet who wrote it or who sent it to me until
i have their permission to do so, but i thought i'd send out the word
in case anyone is interested (or in case someone was working on a
discography themselves).

     Dan