[Dixielandjazz] International Autumn Celebration With Dixieland Jazz

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 19 22:16:33 PDT 2004

If any list mates are in the Philadelphia area the second weekend in
September, be sure to check out "The Laurels at Landhope. Fri - Sat -
Sun, September 10-12.

This Country Weekend Includes
1) International Carriage Driving Competition - 3 day Combined Driving Event
2) Medieval Renaissance Fair & Mock Combat in Full Armor.
3) Boutique Country (Horsey Gifts) Shopping
4) The Farmhouse Restaurant (Gourmet) Garden Annex Tent
5) The Barbone Street Jazz Band in various forms.
6) 9 Year Old Jazz Violinist Sensation Jonathan Russell

Our schedule (I'm at all of them) is as follows:

Saturday, September 11:
1) Barbone Street Trio, Patron's Tent-Mainstream Jazz
    $85 includes lunch and bar. 10 AM to Noon, Tent open all day

2) Barbone Street Jazz Band, Farmhouse Annex - Dixieland
    Free with Lunch 1 PM to 4 PM with JONATHAN

3) Barbone Street Quartet, at Competitor's Party
    Mainstream Jazz & Dance - SOLD OUT  6 to 9 PM

Sunday September 12

1) Barbone Street Trio, Patron's Tent-Mainstream Jazz
    $85 includes lunch and bar. 10 AM to Noon, Tent open all day

2) Barbone Street Jazz Band, Farmhouse Annex - Dixieland
    Free with Lunch 1 PM to 4 PM with JONATHAN

The event is spectacular if you like horse events, or medieval
reenactors, or shopping, or music. Parking $10. In West Grove PA, 35
miles southwest of Philadelphia. We expect 5000 visitors each day. It
runs from about 9 to 5 each day and is on open, rural farmland.

Combined Driving is a Worldwide sport started by HRH Prince Philip of
England shortly after WW 2. It involves one day of dressage, one day of
cross country complete with water hazards and other types, most of which
are visible from the Patron's Tent and the Farmhouse Restaurant and one
day of Cones, which is like a auto gymkhana. We have 110 competitors
this year with anywhere from 1 to 4 horse rigs. The cross country rigs
are complete with disc brakes, delayed steering and all sorts of goodies
and are usually aluminum or steel.

We've been performing at this event for 10 years now, as well as at
other horse shows like it in the Eastern USA. Neat venue for jazz and a
varied audience from hoi polloi to very rich.

Official Laurels merchandise includes:
1) Polo Shirts, Hats & Pins. (with logo)
2) Video / DVD highlights of the 2002 & 2003 events
3) Barbone Street CDs.

If you want more information, write me off list, or visit:
http//:www.laurelscde.org

Cheers,
Steve (Country except for music) Barbone