[Dixielandjazz] The Cajun-NYC

Rob McCallum rakmccallum at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:20:18 PDT 2004

Hello all,

Well, I'm finally out of my cave where I've been lurking for quite awhile
and not contributing to the list.  I'll be off to the Big Apple for the next
few days to take my seven year old boy sightseeing (including the 3-hour
boat trip around Manhattan and a Yankees game).  But, what would a visit to
New York be without jazz?  My son is quite a fan of OKOM (or, at least, he
humors me when I say, "Shall we listen to a jazz album?").  Anyway, I would
like to take him over to The Cajun for an early set on Tuesday night.  I've
contacted the club and they informed me that there is no age restriction
(and no cover charge : )), but, never having been there, I want to be sure
that it's not some kind of a dive (intoxicated musicians and washboard
players aside : )).  Opinions?

BTW- had a wonderful time at the Logan Washboard Festival a few weeks back.
It was nice to meet some of our listmates in person.

All the best,
Rob McCallum