[Dixielandjazz] Copyright

Fred Spencer drjz at bealenet.com
Fri Aug 6 08:41:28 PDT 2004

Dear Dan,
This is an excerpt from the BUSINESS chapter of a book I am writing on "Jazz
Reference Books"--
"The copyright of text or sound materials is of abiding interest and
complexity. My advice to anyone wishing to explore this is to read the more
than 50 relevant pages in "This Business of Music" by Sidney Shemel and
M.William Krasilovsky (Billboard Books, ed 6,1990)--and then consult a legal
expert!
Cheers.
Fred