[Dixielandjazz] Copyright

Bigbuttbnd at aol.com Bigbuttbnd at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 07:28:49 PDT 2004

Dan:

I THINK I read that U.S. Copyright law is tied to the life of the composer.
It seems now that it is something like 70 years ater the composer's death. I
know it was 50 years until a recent copyright law revision (apparently related
to the fact that Mickey Mouse was about to fall out of copyright for the Walt
Disney Company) extended that time period. That's a far cry from the original
copyright laws that granted exclusivity for 12 years and then a 12 year
renewal. Don't take my word for it, though.

~Rocky Ball
Atlanta