[Dixielandjazz] tunes

Dave Hanson jazzdude at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 5 18:12:39 PDT 2004

Someone piqued my interest when they mentioned some tunes that all "Trad" bands play,
such as Saints and someone came up with the Star Spangled Banner !

Has anyone ever played "Dixie" as a minor waltz ? Interesting, but more importantly, the customers don't recognize it until you pull it back to major and go to 2/4 ..........we do it once in a while just to see who is listening, and always get a good response. Just stuff to enhance the gig and maybe break the boredom we sometimes encounter, when we are "background music" .

Dave Hanson
Trombone
Atlanta