[Dixielandjazz] impersonators

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Aug 4 13:12:03 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/4/04 12:36:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time, lherault at bu.edu
writes:

> Was not a  "Dizzy" styled trumpet actually made and sold?
>
> Ron L

Yep, there are lot's of Dizzy Great Grandsons out there playing them now, :))

I am working on a new hybrid design with the bell being extended another
eight inches and then bent even further into a U shape so the Trumpet players can
hear themselves up close and personal, or drown out the sound of all those
other unnecesary instruments on the gig dividing up the money. :))

Sounds like Louis's Great Grandson  "Hollywood Herb" downunder has found the
way to do it all and keep all the money.  :))

I saw a big guy from New Orelans this weekend playing a plastic Sax like
instrument that sounded like my grandson's  K Mart special toy sax with a
microphone in it.   Now I say if you can't afford to buy a real instrument or borrow
one or steal one then you must be using all the money you make for other
substances.  I suppose that is the newest Techno toy on the market to go along with
all the low end crap electronic keyboards that some guys haul around to play
on because they are light weight and cheap, not to mention easy to replace at
the all night K Mart if somebody steals his axe during the gig.   No problem,
take a cash advance on the gig and run down to K Mart and buy another one at
break time, "and the Gig goes On"  :)

This guy was playing with the WIld Magnolias and wore a small chicken
feathered headdress which of course made him Cool, I guess he is still playing the
toy sax he got in the early days for a graduation present from Second Grade.

Sounded like crap and looked totally ridiculous, although I am sure he has no
airline carry on problems with it.

Now how do I get a longer extension cord for these electronic drums for
tomorrows parade? :))   Ahhhh never mind I'll just strap a DC converter and my Car
battery to a small suitcase with wheels on it and have the Grand Marshal drag
it behind him in the parade with the speakers tied onto the front of his suit,
or perhaps we could equip him with surround sound speakers   way too cool.
:))  Might even let him Rap a while on the corner too.

Ahh I just love Musical Progress and modernization.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins