[Dixielandjazz] impersonators

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Aug 4 11:45:24 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/4/04 11:37:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jazzdude at bellsouth.net writes:

> Hello all !
>
> While we a commenting about our dislike for impersonators of, "Louis" or
> "Elvis", I also hate to see someone playing a trumpet with the bell bent upwards
> like "Dizzy" did in his later years.
>
> I just makes me cringe, sorry !
>
> Dave Hanson
> Atlanta

Not a problem Dave, when the band takes a break just lean over and bend the
bell back down, :))

Maybe he plays that horn for medicinal reasons, ( not to blow out the ear
drums of the guy sitting or standing in front of him by deflecting the shrill
trumpetness into the air above him. :))   Now if he puffs out his cheeks as well,
then shame shame shame upon  the charleton, who the heck told him he was Cool
anyway?    Probably passes himself off as Dizzy's great grandson as well.

Cheers,
Tom Wiggins

Musical content:

I hear music in the Air