[Dixielandjazz] Imitators - was Armstrong/Presley imatitors

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:05:22 PDT 2004

Hi Steve,

You ask:

>Why is it that many of us hate Armstrong vocal imitators, and Presley
>imitators  . . . Could it be that we are PC, elitist, musical snobs?

Naaaah - I'm not a musical snob. It is a personal dislike. I don't like
Louis impressions for the same reason I don't like liver and onions.  It's
not that liver and onions are inherently bad . . . it's just that I can't
stand them.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "I don't like rap music (sic) either, but that is because I AM a
musical snob" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com