[Dixielandjazz] Some comments from my Mom

Will Connelly willc at highstream.net
Thu Apr 15 00:19:13 PDT 2004

David -
Please explain to your mother that it is uniquely among Dixieland jazz
musicians that the genius, literacy, and all around superiority of mind
that she so properly admires is to be found. Naturally, we are peerless
musicians as well, but the two chorus drum solos provide ample time for
creation of perfectly formed, if occasionally ribald, poetry.

We are, however, in many cases, still working on rampant beauty.

Kindly,
Will Connelly