[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Festival - Modesto, CA - a chance for redemption

david richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Wed Apr 7 16:48:06 PDT 2004

Here is a chance for those Modesto area OKOM fans to renew their "Jazz
License" - on Sunday, April 25th there will be the 26th annual Jackson
CA Mother Lode Hot Jazz Party (also with several warm-up events on
Saturday afternoon and evening.)  Just  a few miles northeast of
Modesto in the beautiful Gold Rush towns of Jackson,  Martell,  and
Jackson Gate, all venues are on or very near the intersection of
Highways 49 and 88.

10th Avenue will have a Saturday morning show 11AM to 3PM, Natural Gas
will have a Saturday afternoon show 2-530PM, and the Jazztown
Revelators will have a Saturday night show 730 to 11 PM

Sunday shows start at 11 AM and run through 6PM with the above
mentioned bands and Midnight Rose, Port City, Zenith, "And That's
Jazz," King Cotton, Howlin' Coyotes, and the San Francisco Feetwarmers.
Midnight Rose will do a special Gospel show at 1030AM.

There seems to be no website for this event but you can call
209-223-3264 or 209-223-4717 for more info. Or e-mail me and I will see
what else i can tell you about this event. "And That's Jazz" has played
most of the years the festival has happened and there have been many
changes over the years, but I think it is a really fun one with a mix
of indoor and outdoor venues - not too big or too small!

Dave Richoux