[Dixielandjazz] Stride Piano

Grant Simpson grant at grantsimpson.net
Tue Apr 6 13:19:54 PDT 2004

Hello DJML Listers,

I just wanted to send out an announcement that I have recently released a solo jazz piano CD
entitled "Stride and True".

Any interested stride/trad fans who may be interested can order the CD through my Website
at:  http://grantsimpson.net.

The CD was reviewed for Ejazznews.com which is included below.

Yours truly,
Grant Simpson
Grant Simpson ''Stride & True'' GSM001

CD Reviews / CD Reviews
Date: Apr 04, 2004 - 09:43 AM
George W. Carroll

Stalwart stride pianist Grant Simpson, struts his stuff amidst the bevvy of other viable mainstream jazz pianists out there in the ether. But, after hearing him expound his unique talents so cogently, I offer him a profound welcome to our beloved jazz genre.

Simpson has this wondrous ability to corral a powerful
sound, while he musically extols the deeper essence of his renditions, with great control, interesting & contemporary harmonies, & an ''educated'' left hand stride. You can also see the gleam in this guy's eye (Re; His promo pix), which will convince anyone that this is someone who loves ''in earnest'' what he has been blessed to do. Go get em'guy!!

George W. Carroll/The Musicians' Ombudsman

This article comes from eJazzNews.com : The Number One Jazz News Resource On The Net
http://www.ejazznews.com/

The URL for this story is:
http://www.ejazznews.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2957