[Dixielandjazz] Internet Access At Jazz Festivals

Snogpitch snogpitch at prodigy.net
Fri Sep 26 19:02:39 PDT 2003

I have been at a few festivals that have freestanding machines that takes
photographs, and can email them to a number of email addresses you enter.  It's
a perfect souvenier for those who want a photo of the moment with their friends
but forgot their camera, for a price.  I had back stage pass at one of these
events and noticed that they had these machines even back there!

This year at the ATP in Cincinnati Ohio, my company I work for supplied
computers for an internet project along with a few other companies, for the
public there.  I didn't check out the exact details, but I was under the
impression that it was done wirelessly.  Since they only had a half dozen of
our machines at the site.

In any case, I'm sure someday someone will bring the excitement of the internet
to festivals/concerts/parties and the like.  They just got to figure out the
gimmick to make it economically beneficial to everyone, and exciting for the
consumer.  It's been coming for a few years now, it just hasn't taken off, yet.

--- Kurt <bowermastergroup at qwest.net> wrote:
> Something to think about...Let me know if there is any interest out there.
>
> I have been contacted by a local Des Moines, Iowa entrepreneur who owns a
> hi-tech company that has the capability of installing special equipment at
> events (jazz festivals, etc) which enables anyone with a laptop computer to
> have unlimited wireless access to the internet for FREE.

=====
David Witmer

AKA Snogpitch
snogpitch at prodigy.net