[Dixielandjazz] Madison Jazz Society

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Fri Sep 26 17:22:13 PDT 2003

Hope you won't mind a little "early bird" plug on behalf of the fine
Jazz Society we have here in the Wisconsin  wilds.

Our Madison Jazz Society is going to present its 16th annual Capitol
City JazzFest next April (don't remember the exact dates, but usually
it's the third or fourth weekend).

The groups will be:

     John Sheridan's Dream Band (Midwest Edition) with Tom Saunders,
cornet, Kim Cusack, clar., Russ Phillips, trb., Paul Keller, bass,
Charley Braugham, drums, and, of course, John Sheridan, leader and
piano.

     The Titan Hot Seven, with Bob Draga and Jeff Barnhart.

      Dave Greer's Classic Jazz Stompers.

      The West End Jazz Band, the Chicago group that's burning up the
big leagues with their wonderful arrangements of 1920's vintage hot
dance tunes.

     April is lovely time of the year in Southern Wisconsin (at least
that's what the Department of Tourism says!), and if you're looking for
a spring getaway, why not spend it with us?

     We'll have ads coming out giving all the details in the near
future.  Just thought we'd plant the idea in your nimble minds to
consider this.

Regards, Harold Smith
'