[Dixielandjazz] Attention Blues aqnd Gospel Lovers

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Sep 18 13:32:12 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/18/03 12:47:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, gpage at direct.ca
writes:

> I have had an inquiry as to the female singer with Blind Willie Johnson in
> 1928, 1929 and 1930. The accepted information is that it was his wife,
> Angeline.A presenter of a local blues program has asked me for help. He has recently
> read that there were two ladies, one for the first two years and a different
> one for 1930.

 According to a researcher named: Dan Williams:

The second woman singer was Willie B. Harris, who claimed she was the
vocalist on two of Johnson's sessions.

She is said to have joined Him on a Dec. 5, 1928 and recorded "Jesus is
Coming Soon".

Can't find anything else about Willie B. Harris.  Perhaps if you could find
the writings of this guy Dan Williams, there might be more information
available on her.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass band