[Dixielandjazz] Record Collection Value

Kurt bowermastergroup at qwest.net
Thu Sep 18 13:08:38 PDT 2003

Any advice is appreciated...

An elderly woman here in Des Moines, Iowa is cleaning out her attic to get
ready for a move to a nursing home soon.  She and her husband were great
jazz fans and over the years collected hundreds of dixieland and other
records.  She even has a box marked "Bix", but hasn't opened it yet to see
what is inside.

She wants to know how she can put a value on the records and eventually sell
them.  Any advice I can pass along to her is appreciated.  I figured
somebody on the DJML would know how to proceed with this or may even be
interested in her records for themselves.  There could be some real
treasures there.

Thanks.

Kurt Bowermaster
Bowermaster Group