[Dixielandjazz] Cakewalk playback problem

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Tue Sep 16 11:27:16 PDT 2003

Andy Ling said :

"I assume from the way you talk, cakewalk doesn't have a tweak to
 compensate for this delay like Band In A Box does."

No, it doesn't - or more correctly if it does then I haven't discovered it.
There is a facility for moving tracks to line up with bar lines but my
problem was that the moving cursor went into the track for a couple of beats
before playback began.

I shall be doing my darnedest to make one of CB7's UK gigs, it is a nuisance
that around that time I am committed to a couple of projects from which it
will be difficult for me to escape. If I am correct they will be playing a
date in or near Jude's village which is not too far from me, if so that is
the one I shall go to because Bristol is one hell of a schlep from my house.

John Farrell