[Dixielandjazz] Cakewalk playback problem

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Tue Sep 16 15:20:48 PDT 2003

Charlie Hull says:-
> With Cakewalk and most other sequencing programs
> you select the notes in all tracks, starting with
> the very first midi event, then either:

> Slide the set of events to compensate for the Virtual
> Sound Canvas offset, or

> Copy the events and paste them into a new midifile at
> the exact spot you want them.

This sounds an awful faff and I'm not sure it achieves what
John wanted. The problem I think John had and that I have
seen is purely a display problem.

The sequencer highlights the note it is playing, but because
there is a delay in the software synth, the highlight is always
a bit ahead of the sound.

I guess what Charlie is talking about is recording in time
to other tracks played via the Virtual sound canvas. There
the notes you played would be late because the sound you heard
was late.

I don't know if the tweak in Band In A Box allows for this
and as for other sequencers ....

Andy Ling