[Dixielandjazz] Spelling - jazz related

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Mon Sep 15 19:36:56 PDT 2003

Dingo (have you bought another house yet?) explained that provided the first
and last letters of a word were spelled correctly, if the intervening
letters appeared in the wrong order the meaning of the word would still be
understood.

It reminded me of the time when I invited a professional big band conductor
to run some rehearsals of my big band. One of the things he told the guys
was that in ensemble passages provided that the various sections came in and
went out together on the correct note it wasn't too important what happened
in between.

John Farrell