[Dixielandjazz] Double negatives

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Wed Oct 29 17:58:36 PST 2003

Listening to the radio today while attempting to coax the reluctant cork out
of a bottle of "buy one, get one free" Chardonnay from Safeways, two
grammatically challenged tunes were played in succession - I Ain't Got
Nobody and I Can't Get No Satisfaction. Given that two negatives make a
positive, but more importantly to protect future generations from the use
faulty English, shouldn't these tunes be retitled I've Got Somebody and I'm
Satisfied?

Does Tony Blair know about this evil in our midst?

John Farrell