[Dixielandjazz] Peoria

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 18:10:20 PST 2003

Hi Tom,

This is just a guess (it's what I play)

>SOS. . .SOS . . . Captain we are lost . . . .
>
>I am lost without the chords for the verse of Peoria in Eb. Can anyone
>please help?

song "Peoria" in Bb

Gm
SOS  SOS Captain we are lost

      Cm                     Gm               D7                         Gm
Our ship is floundering in the sea By wind and wave we're tossed

Gm
Life boats here  life boats there Hear those shrieks and moans

Bb                                                       F7
   Bb
The captain cried "All hands on deck!" and said in trembling tones . . . Oh
how I  . . .etc

Good luck,

Bill "Help!" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com