[Dixielandjazz] NewThread: N u m b e r s G a m e

Don Ingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Mon Oct 27 07:36:26 PST 2003

Evenearlier, Jim, when Allen did a midnight on radio show with live audience
on KNX in the late 40's, before TV.
Our high school aged jazz band would play a gig and be in our cars onthe way
back from the job and would roar and howl at the great Allen quips and gags.
The other late hour listen was Jim Harthorne's show out of Pasadena -- or
PasaHogen as his later ego Skippy would say. But then, here I go, dating
myself again.
By the way our little band had some pretty good players -- Gene Estes on
drums, Perry "Bunny" Botkin on trombone, Mel Pollen on bass, John Bambridge,
clarinet and sax, and John "Curly" Williams on piano (..yeah, THAT John
Williams.) My handle at the time -- Ding.
Don Ingle