[Dixielandjazz] NewThread: N u m b e r s G a m e

Captain Rapture yup1275 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 26 16:46:11 PST 2003

I am developing an entertainment routine for Senior groups.
It involves them drawing numbers. The entertainer then takes
two numbers as the first 2 notes of a song. 3-5=Lonesome Road,
Cherokee or The Very Thot Of You. I'm working up a list and
having troubles with tunes that start in 2, 4, and 7.

Theres A Small Hotel (2-1) and Falling In Love With Love (2-3),
Do Nothin Til You Hear From Me (4-2) and You're the Top (4-3),
help. There are tons of tunes that start with 7-1, but nobody
home above til Cry Me A River (7-6) and Dancing In The Dark (7-7).

Moonglow, You'd Be So Easy To Love, Blue Skies and Tangerine
help cover the sixes and a bigband WWII jazzy march tune that
starts with 6-6 I can't name. Hint 668,556543,44743,321

So - who can name a tune (or major tune phrase) starting with
the following combinations please?
2-2
2-4
2-5
2-6
2-7
4-1
4-4
4-5
4,5,6,7,Ok-lahoma?
4-6
4-7
7-2
7-3
7-4
7-5

There are 49 combinations and I need help on 14: not bad!
Trying this as you try to go to sleep is not a good idea.
I'm open to more faves that start with other numbers also.
Anybody want my list?

Thanks

David McCartney