[Dixielandjazz] Search for some lead sheets

Mic michel.miconnet at free.fr
Wed Oct 22 23:44:17 PDT 2003

Hello all!

I'm in search of the leadsheets (lead + chords) for the tunes below:

- Blackstick,
- Madame Bécassine,
played by Sydney Bechet (I don't know the composer; probably Bechet for
the 1st and a 'traditional creole song' for the 2nd);

- Sweet like this (Joe Oliver, Dave Nelson),
- A Gipsy without a song (Ellington & Tizol),
- Mascot ramble (I heard this nice tune played by an excellent Spanish
jazz band: Barcelona Hot Angels (Pepe Robles), but the presenter gave a
long title in Spanish then immediately the (short) title in English! I'm
not really sure about this title in English and I don't know the composer.

I've not found on the www and not on my fake books. A friend provided me
the grid for "Sweet like this" but the melody is too difficult to
transcribe for me.

Thank you for your help !

Best regards from Burgundy (France)

Mic - Little French beginner.