[Dixielandjazz] Connie Jones All-Star Concert

dhs at ev1.net dhs at ev1.net
Thu Oct 23 01:23:10 PDT 2003

Dear Listers:

I thought I would mention the October 19 concert by Connie Jones and his
Jazz All-Stars, sponsored by the Austin Traditional Jazz Society.  I have
heard some really good jazz over the years.  This concert was as good as
any--real top-shelf stuff.

The lineup was:

Connie Jones (cornet), Tim Laughlin (clarinet), Glenn Wilson (tenor sax),
Bob Havens (trombone), Dave Boeddinghaus (piano), Ed Wise (string bass), and
Hal Smith (drums).

The concert was held in the Scottish Rite Theatre.  I have performed there,
and it's a nice lively venue acoustically.  The band played hard for two
long sets, and the crowd got to hear some great jazz.

Regards,
Dave Stoddard
Round Rock, TX