[Dixielandjazz] Sitting In

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 00:54:39 PDT 2003

How many of us would have had our first gig without some sit ins?

At our gig last night I was introduced to a young woman who sings and plays
sax.  She wasn't introduced to me until the end of the evening which means
that she's not pushy and I've invited her to sit in on our next pub gig. If
she's useless, we can be diplomatic ... if she's VERY good I 'll be furious.
:-)

As for filtering out potential disasters, you need a singer who can grill
the candidate...   If they can't play in your key in a familiar tune ,
they're not ready  to sit in:-)

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire