[Dixielandjazz] Could Chet Baker get lost?

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 09:50:42 PDT 2003

This tune, sung by Chet, is currently being used nationally as the track to
a TV commercial in the UK (for a supermarket chain's own-brand clothing):
interesting/ironic that jazz -both traditional and modern - is quite
frequently used as music on the commercials but almost never features in the
programming!!

p.s. Also ironic that the lyric refers to lovers stealing away to be on
their own, while in its drug-related sense as a synonym for 'wasted' it
applied in spades to Chet himself.

Mike D.