[Dixielandjazz] Re: Musicians Sitting in

Chuck Kercher ekercher at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 10 10:06:38 PDT 2003

A fine piano player here in Florida--Tony Castellano--told me of his growing
up in a musical family and his fervor about playing jazz. He was
particularly impressed with a black musician's band in Miama and after
building up enough courage he asked the guy about possibly letting him "Sit
in."  The guy said, "Oh no! Sitting in is "out' Sitting out is "in."Chuck