[Dixielandjazz] Pitch for "Whistling Dixie," Dec. 6, Salem, MA

Eli Newberger newberge at massmed.org
Sat Nov 22 08:15:53 PST 2003

Hi, folks.  I'm playing a gig with two amazing musicians on Saturday, Dec.
6, at The Salem Athenaeum, 132 Essex St., Salem, MA.  This is a small and
unique venue, seating 100, and includes a light dinner starting at 6.  A
bargain at $10.00 a head.

My trio confreres are Brad Terry, the virtuoso whistler and clarinet, and
Bob Winter, whom you may have enjoyed in his gig as the stunning pianist
with the Boston Pops. The style is trad jazz and swing, along with some pop
tunes. Sweet Georgia Brown to Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

Asked to give a name for the group, I came up with Whistling Dixie.  Go
figure.  Because this will probably sell out fast, here's the number for
info and, I believe, reservations :   978-744-2540.  Dinner at 6, Music at
7.

Warm regards to all,
Eli