[Dixielandjazz] Re:Too Loud?

Mike Durham mikedurham_jazz at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 13:24:04 PST 2003

Amen, Brian. My Jazz The Exchange concert programme takes place in a
converted Wesleyan Chapel of 1856, all stone and wood - capacity 280 people.
We ourselves use just one mic on the piano plus one for
vocals/announcements, and that's plenty. We encourage visiting bands to do
the same, and most do; some, however, inexplicably still want to use mics
even on the drums. When audience members recently complained to one band in
the interval, the response has been "we don't do quiet". Well, we won't be
asking them back.......

Mike D.