[Dixielandjazz] Roy Williams?

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 23:25:03 PST 2003

> was wondering if any of the
> members of the dixieland list might know any further about Roy Williams?

Don't think he'd like to be labelled "trad" or even OKOM:-)  One of the
smoothest trombonists around in the UK.  He's better known on the mainstream
scene but he does occasional guest spots with OKOM bands including a couple
that I've worked with.

The first time I met Roy Williams was probably about 12 years ago;  he was
failing to hide his annoyance cos John Barnes had invited me to sit in on an
"Alex Welsh" session:-) This is a tribute band.  I was so green that when
John invited me to sing I only just stopped myself from asking if Alex would
mind... there were no bolts from the sky so I guess it was OK :-)

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire
UK